Door Lock Not Working?

The passenger switch is designed to lock and unlock all doors. if the key is in the ignition while not running and a door is open the locks will not lock.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I have a 2002 Grand Caravan on which the passenger electric door lock switch does not work to lock the doors, although it does work to unlock them. Actually, I'm not sure it ever worked. What I want to know is whether the passenger side switch is *supposed* to lock the doors--or is it a safety feature to allow only the driver to lock the doors? Thanks.

Reply to
Ed

I have this same problem on a 2004 grand caravan. Mine does it on the drivers side though. It will unlock the doors but not lock them. Ocasionaly it will snap out of it and work fine for a day then go back to unlock only. I think mine is a grounding problem. Sometimes raising and lowering the power windows will trigger the locks. When the locks work fine, the power eindows do not trigger the locks. These locks and windows actually run off a negative trigger through different resistances to cut down on wires. Lock and unlock are actually the same wire. That is why i believe mine may be a grounding problem. Passenger side works fine.

It could just be a bad switch too.

Anybody have any advice on how to remove the interior door panel on a Caravan? Any clips need replacing or tricks to getting it off without breaking it?

Reply to
Erick Ondich