2001 Dodge Stratus problem

My car, a 2001 Dodge Stratus, when started the first time during the day will seem to "stall" on take off and from stopping the first few times, and then seem to punch into gear. It is an automatic, and it only does it for the first 5-10 min of driving the first time of the day. After that it is fine. I thought that maybe it was just cold and needed to be warmed first, but after letting it "warm" for a good half-hour to 45 min I realized that it wasn?t the problem. What could this be?

Reply to
tweederfall

Have you checked the tranny fluid level? Since it expands as it warms, it might be too low for adequate pressure when cold...

Reply to
Ron Seiden

P.S. -- It warms up from driving, not from just having the engine idle at a standstill...

Reply to
Ron Seiden