1996 dodge gc van

i have a 96 gc and today we were driving the van around just fine and drove home and turned it off. well went back out and it will not do anything just a clicking sound and no turning of the motor at all. checked the codes and all i get is a 12 and a 55. the 12 is disconnect battery but it's all connected and all the lights and everything comes on. is this a bad battery? i will go out and check the voltage here in a min. on the battery.

thanks thehawk93

Reply to
thehawk93

check the battery and it is at 12.4 volts. checked all fuses under the hood and all is good. well next would be the starter i guess. if anyone has any ideas let me know. by the way it is the 3.3L.

thanks thehawk93

Reply to
thehawk93

ok this is what i have found out. it's the starter i gave the starter a couple of light taps and the motor started right up. so it starts now but for how long. i have to start saving money for a new starter.

thanks thehawk93

Reply to
thehawk93

Yesterday.

Reply to
Coasty

Reply to
jjmcdonn

Try this.. if it has a Nippondenso starter.

me!

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com