Low fuel warning light

I have a 97 Caravan. Recently I noticed that the low fuel warning light keep lighting up intermittenly. The light will come on even when the tank is full. When this happened the fuel gauge will dip a little and went back to its original position. Is this a serious problem? Is the probelm easy to fix? Thanks for your help.

Reply to
larry2

I imagine the low fuel sender is separate from what drives the gauge, but I bet both depend on a common ground wire..

Reply to
daytripper

Larry the fuel tank sending unit is bad causing this. You can purchase the sending unit separate from Chrysler about $130 or buy the complete fuel tank Module with pump and all for about $400 If the mileage is very high on the vehicle and you plan on keeping the car you may want to replace the complete unit.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
maxpower