Need Engine size info from VIN?

I'm looking for info of different engine sizes when ready the vin number. I know it's the 8th digit but just don't know what letter means what?

Reply to
Mopar

That would depend on the year of the vehicle for one thing. The 8th digit on a 2007 vehicle could not have the same engine as a 1990 vehicle. What is the complete vin number and what model vehicle is it?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

well I would be looking at a few vehicles 97-2001 Ram 1500, 96-2001 Dakota,

2000 - 2003 Neon / SX 96-2001 Caravan / Voyagers

the reason is I sometime get access to purchase Salvage vehicles and it's a pain not knowing what motor it is without looking at it.

Reply to
Mopar