Plymouth Voyager ABS problem

I was only kidding! (man, you must think I'm a goof!)

The brake fluid is black. In previous cars, when the fluid has turned black and the pedal has gotten hard, a good flush brought them right back. I generally drive Toyotas, and in my '85 Corolla GTS, my '88 Supra, and my Mom's '86 Camry, this has brought the pedal feel back to where it should have been.

I'll be doing the brakes in a few weeks, all the way around, most likely with new cylinders in the rear if necessary. i don't know the condition right now; I haven't had the thing apart since I bought it, but they are overdue and the last owner wasn't known for maintenance. I am assuming the cylinders are tight, but they are not leaking.

Figure while I have it apart...

I don't know if you remember, but I am the guy that installed the loud stereo so I don't have to listen to the engine ticking like a time bomb...

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL, yes I remember you, because you post so much about this vehicle I feel like I know it inside and out. If you have a hard brake pedal on this vehicle you may not be able to watch it blow up if you wreck it. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Yes, the car is at a Chrysler dealer. Funnily enough, I received a letter from Chrysler UK this morning telling me about this part that is on backorder and also telling me that the work that they are doing is not covered under the recall. But I think they have only got this information from the Chrysler dealer who have my car, because they mentioned the guys name and said they have spoken to him. And get this, the Chrysler dealer here, didn't even know anything about the recall until I told them about it after finding information on the recall on the Internet

Reply to
PennWooding

You totally confused me on this. good luck

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Okay, here is an update on my situation. My car is still not back, the Chrysler garage has still got it. They are telling me that this modulator part is on backorder from the United States. Would this be because everybody wants this part? Chrysler UK haven't been much help, it's almost as if they haven't got a clue about this recall and don't want to know.

Reply to
Ironside

Well, the ABS hydraulic assembly has finally arrived and has been fitted as far as I know. I was initially told it would be the end of April before it arrived but after some intervention by the local media whom I had approached, a part suddenly became available, very strange I thought. Chrysler UK have said that it is part of the recall but I am guessing the local dealer will try and get some money out of me for the ABS module control. They did replace this during the recall so I am not sure what is going to happen. Somewhere in this thread, someone did say that it was possibly misdiagnosed and they shouldn't have replaced it. What was strange is that an error code came up for the ABS module control and when they replaced that, an error code came up for the ABS hydraulic assembly. I am not technical but why didn't an error code come up for the ABS hydraulic assembly at the same time as the ABS modulator control?