Service engine light.

On a 96 Dodge minivan, the "service engine" light occasionaly "pops on", each time it's a "false alarm" and it's reset. Mostly, it goes out on its own. Anyone else have a similar problem and if so, do you know causes it? Any repair solution? Thanks

Reply to
Pegasus

WARNING: DO NOT TAKE IT TO A DODGE DEALER IN QUINCY IL.

Mine came on three years ago and after several thousand dollars, the light is off and my vehicle still will not run right. But, the dealer said sorry. Good-bye.

Reply to
George Ewart

Well, without knowing the code we don't have anything to go on - and no way to know if it is really a "false alarm" or an intermittent problem. Therefore there is no way to intelligently figure out either a cause or cure. As for the malfunctioning vehicle in Quincy it sounds like someone is a slow learner.

Reply to
clare

As in my case when I had the check engine light looked at by a dealer mechanic, it turned out that some of the emission lines were bad, dry rot and the like and once replaced everything is fine now.

Reply to
no