1992 Dakota No Start

We have a '92 3.9l 2wd Dakota that won't start. We don't have any voltage on the dark green/orange wire @ the coil, injectors, pin 57 @ the ecm. We have tried another ecm - same problem. All fuses are fine, there doesn't seem to be any broken wires. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
parklights

Those are all supliied power by the auto shutdown relay. The relay is suplied power by a fuse.

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
parklights

No, the fuel pump is powered by the fuel pump relay. Both the fuel pump relay and auto shutdown relay are fed by the same fuse and activated by the ECM on a single wire. From what you are saying you have a bad auto shutdown relay or an open wire to the relay.

Shouldn't the

Ignition voltage ??? Not sure what you mean by ignition voltage but the injectors and coil should both have 12 volts. These are powered by the auto shutdown relay.

Reply to
Mike

Did the vehicle ever run after they were changed?

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
parklights

One more thing, what is the battery voltage when cranking?

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
parklights

It is a 12 volt feed wire coming from the shutdown relay. It powers the injectors, coil and ECM.

No.

If I put power to that wire at the coil, the

You need to find out why it has no power on it's own.

Still no start. We have no injector pulse during

You may have a wiring harness problem, I would fix the no power from the auto shutdown relay first.

The ecm originally called

Did the engine ever run at all ??? If yes was it before or after the cam and crank sensors were replaced ?

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
parklights

To Mike and TBone: Thanks for your help.

Reply to
parklights

What turned out to be the problem ??

Reply to
Mike

There is a broken pin within the distributor. It hasn't been repaired yet but, it looks like the right direction. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.

Reply to
parklights

your are welcome and good luck.

Reply to