1993 dakota LE V8 318 engine

my dakota is making some sort of howling noise and i cant figure out what it is. Ive checked all of the nessesary fluids under the hood and feel it may be coming from under neath yet i checked the u joints and they are fine. it may me the rear end needs new gear oil. i would like a second opinion. if anyone know what it possibly could be please help me.

Reply to
peleeislander

Stuff that rotates under the hood....... Idler pulleys, water pump, PS pump... checkem out. Id vote for idler pulley.

earl

Reply to
Earl Groce

At idle or when driving? Louder when driving fast or slow? Louder when speeding up or slowing down? At idle with the hood up, does it sound like front of truck, back of engine, or which side?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon