2000 Ram CTD Starter update - it's not the starter

I finally changed out the starter today.

Turned the key and nothing. No clicks or sounds except the test chime when the vehicle is first started.

I get no engine light either.

What else could this be?

Thanks

GB

Reply to
GeekBoy

You might want to find out how much juice is reaching your starter.

Reply to
Roy

I will do that, but to let you know I had been starting it via jumping the terminals and the engine started fine.

Reply to
GeekBoy

So you jumped it at the solonoid? Why did you change the starter? Can't you just remove the solonoid?

Reply to
Roy

Is it now exactly the same as it was with the original starter?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

They are one unit. Anyway it was the starter and an electrical problem. I learned about a TSB that causes a fuse to be over loaded for the starter. It was also bad. I changed both and now they both work.

Thanks

Reply to
GeekBoy

It was till the older starter would no longer turn over. I turned out to be also a fuse.

GeekBoy