2001 dodge dakota

I have a 2001 dodge dakota with a V8 engine. On my way to work today it started to over heat and spit radiator fluid. does anyone know what this could be???

Reply to
sbgirl11

I know exactly 0 about Dodge engines, but if this was to happen to me, I would suspect the thermostat has gone bad. Just my .02

Reply to
Lars Thorwald

Could be a lot of things. From soimehting simple like a stuck thermostat. Or it could be something more serious like a blown head gasket. Which V8 do you have? What other symptoms? etc.

Reply to
.boB

Suddenly, without warning, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com exclaimed (31-May-07

8:58 AM):

Did it truly overheat, or is it just spitting radiator fluid out the cap? I have the same truck, and recently the radiator cap failed. Truck hadn't started overheating yet, but the radiator was quite low by the time I discovered the problem (noticed dripping).

Replaced the cap, and all is well.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

list of things it could be.....

bad Radiator cap bad thermostat bad radiator clogged radiator or a/c condensor fins blown head gasket cracked head cracked block bad fan clutch bad water pump improper mix of coolant to water (should be 50 - 50 mix)

i'd start with a pressure test of the system (including the cap) a cap and or the thermostat would be prime suspects and are the cheapest.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Where is it spitting radiator fluid from? My sister in law's 01 Stratus did this last week. It was a bad water pump.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M