2002 B2500 Van - change plugs trick?

Changing plugs on a 5.9L in a B2500 van. There's

*got* to be some kind of trick to getting at the number 1 and 3 plugs... right? The other 6 are a minor pain, but so far I haven't even managed to get the plug wires off these last two. Special tool? Some kind of dark incantation? Help! Please!
Reply to
Steve Ackman

What I did: Just pulled on the cable till it seperated from the connector. Got some long handle pliers and pulled off the connecter off of spark plug. Took socket and wratchet and removed spark plug.

Bought new spark cable.

.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Thanks...

I'd already bought the new set of cables, and even had some vise-grips on the #1 boot... but couldn't get the angle right. Don't have any long handled pliers though.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

You only need to pull the end, not the base of the boot.

Reply to
GeekBoy

For future googlers:

Vise-grips on the "step" between boot and cable, and long straight thing as a lever on the grips. 1 & 3 plugs can be reached from underneath to loosen.

To replace the plugs, expand the connector inside a boot from one of the old cables, snip the cable off, and use the boot as a "handle" to get the plug started. (You can do this from inside.) Then, remove the rubber insert from your spark plug socket, or you never get it off the plug. Tighten (again from underneath).

Once you get that all figured out, it doesn't really take all that long.

Reply to
Steve Ackman