2004 1500

I'm considering purchasing a 2004/1500 V6 with 27K miles. No power windows but it does have cruise control. The used car dealer wants 12.9K, naturally that's just a starting price.

- Anyone out there with a 2004/1500 V6 that can share pro's/con's with me?

- Obviously $12.9 is not what I'm gonna pay, but I'm curious to what anyone else out there would pay. Tks.

Reply to
juanalong

If it's an ST automatic standard cab with A/C in very good condition then I'd say a 10500 to 11500 would be a typical price.

Reply to
miles

You will regret it. That V6 has NO power. I had a 99 with 5 speed with the

4.9 V6. It struggled even on over passes while in 5th gear. Not to mention why get a vehicle that has less power than the V8 Ram and gets the same fuel economy.

I have talked to others who had the V6 they all dispointed.

Why not get an older Diesel that will hold a better resale value for the same price and a heck of a lot more power?

Reply to
GeekBoy

Thats true. I had a 2000 5.2L V8 Quad Cab 4x4 and it struggled to hold

70mph on flat ground in OD. Even the slightest uphill rise in the highway and I had to switch off OD.

I then got a 2001 5.9L V8 Quad Cab. Much better. Had plenty of power and it got better mpg than the 5.2L. You're right about the V6 not getting any better mpg.

I'd recommend getting a used truck with the 5.9L. Much nicer to drive. As for a used diesel they're considerably more expensive than a used gasser. That would be overkill for the OP's intended uses which I assume to be rather light.

Reply to
miles

Nor really. In my diesel with 3.73 rear end I get 21 MPG on higway and 18 city driving. If it still had the original 3.54 it would be 25 MPG on highway. Then there is a better engine quality. With the Cummins you are getting an engine that should last 500k miles compared to maybe 200k with the gas engine. Only plus benefits with the diesels. More power, longer lasting, greater fuel enconomy and better resell value.

Reply to
GeekBoy

They cost $5000+ over a gasser. It's overkill for someone that has no use for the power of the diesel. IE, not towing or hauling heavy loads.

Reply to
miles

A man can never have too much power (now for the Tim Allen growl -arrgh arrgh.)

Reply to
GeekBoy

Too much still isn't enough!

Reply to