2004 Hemi Valve Springs

Hello All, New to the group, my apologies if this has already been discussed at length. I have a 2004 Ram 2500 w/53 k miles that apparently broke a valve spring the other day. Loss of power, loud knocking etc.. I started poking around on the web for info regarding this problem and found very little. Apparently it is known to happen to this engine somewhat frequently. Anyone here know if there is a recall or service bulletin from Dodge for this problem? Could there be more engine damage than just a valve spring broken? Do I need to worry about valve springs breaking at random times? I would like to arm myself w/ as much info as possible for when I next talk to the dealer, and also try to calm myself a bit before I decide to get rid of this truck and buy something else. Any other Hemi owners have this issue? Comments,info about this issue are appreciated. TIA, Andy.

Reply to
acof911

I've never heard of this problem. I drove the piss outta my Hemi and never had any problems other than passing gas stations.

Reply to
Scott Hendryx