2004 Ram - Cummins - Funky smell

Actually, I used motor oil instead of diesel.

For your viewing pleasure:

(it's pics of my truck ... get your mind out of the gutter).

;) Craig C.

Reply to
craig

Looks like you did not get the tow mirrors either, cost me around $350. to add them. I like my lighter color but should have got the

4WD. Nice looking.
Reply to
William Boyd

Bill,

My truck didn't have the tow mirrors either. I negotiated to include the mirrors or no sale. The sales guy wrote it up and I bought the truck. I found out later that he had to eat the cost of the mirrors ($350) + installation ($425). :-o They also gave me the original standard mirrors. :-D Anybody out there need a new set of standard mirrors for an '04 Dodge Ram?

Southern California's Four Seasons: Earthquake, Mudslide, Brushfire, and Riot

Reply to
Ken Bosch

I didn't want trailer tow mirrors. I don't care for the look of them too much. I do tow boats/pwc trailers often. I have no problem with the standard mirror.

It's amazing what the dealers/sales people will do for a sale. My sales person assured me that I had 1 full year of Sirius Satellite Radio included. He also assured me that I could call the people that produce the navigation DVD (Alpine) and get an updated version for free.

Sirius ... on the 90th day it shut off. Sirius had no record of my ESN, so I had to pay for new service. I called the salesperson ... he doesn't remember saying I would get a year for free (whatever!). So, I talked to his manager. He was going to check into and call me right back. That was 2 months ago.

Navigation ... I called Alpine and they audibly laughed at me. They want $150.00 for the updated DVD.

I'd love to order a truck directly from Dodge ... no lying, SOB salesman involved.

I did get the last laugh, however. My sales person worked in fleet. He gets the majority (so he says) of his commission from the sale off of the survey form I am supposed to fill out. I "forgot" to fill it out, and have since "lost" it.

Hehehhehhe ... I crack me up.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

I work for cummins and have been for the past 15 years I would start by removing the exhaust pipe off the back of your turbocharger (usually just a clamp and pull back the pipe) look in there for signs of engine oil if it is wet with oil your turbo seals have failed replace turbocharger if no oil is present take off the charged air pipe and again check for oil ......if present in either places replace turbocharger

Reply to
Craig