2005 Dakota squeak

Okay, I unfortunately have a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4 wheel drive and it has a terrible squeak in the right front. When it is parked you can make it do it by bouncing up and down on the right front fender or by turning the steering wheel slowly to the right.

We have sprayed lubricant on everything that moves in the right front area and it still does it. We just simply cannot isolate exacly where the noise is coming from. Is there any grease fitting on the front of this vehicle?

Any and all suggestions are more than welcome.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Since it will do it bouncing the veh and turning the wheel, I'm guessing a ball joint is the culprit. Get a needle greaser and inject a few pumps of grease thru the boot and see if the noise goes away. Even if the noise does quit, I'd be wary of the joint. Be sure to get the weight off the joint and check it for play.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

There was a recall on the ball joints of Dakotas, though I'm not sure to what year - my 2001 was affected.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

If anyboby is an expert on dakota noises, this gal is!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Tried the needle greaser trick and it definitely helped but the noise is still there on an occasional basis. Have only driven it about 6 miles since the injection so maybe it takes some time to work in.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

Suddenly, without warning, beekeep exclaimed (10/13/2011 7:15 AM):

Can I help it if my truck is an expert at *making* noises?

jmc

Reply to
jmc