2005 Dodge Dually with 5.7 Turbo D

Hi guys,

Haven't posted in a few years, but now have a problem on the above truck. Just turned over 99965 miles and the check engine light comes on and will not go out unless you turn the truck off. Everything appears to be running fine. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Reply to
MoParMaN

I hate to tell you this but you'll just about have to put a scanner on it to see what code you got. There's a bookful of codes that'll turn on the light..

In this area, Autozone and Advance auto will pull the code for free for you.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I hate to tell you this but you'll just about have to put a scanner on it to see what code you got. There's a bookful of codes that'll turn on the light..

In this area, Autozone and Advance auto will pull the code for free for you.

Thanks, I was gonna take it to the dealer, but they went out of business, to get my 100K service. I'll try AutoZone and see what they say.

Reply to
MoParMaN

What code is being sent by the ECU? If you don't have a reader, take the truck to an auto parts store that offers free code reading.

Reply to
Joe

And the DTCs are?

Reply to
PeterD

Or, if you do your own work, just buy a cheap scan tool. Sears sells them, as does (of course) AutoZone.

I find that they pay for themselves in the first two uses!

Reply to
PeterD

I can't get it to start now, it's the coldest this trucks ever been in (teens) acts like the batteries are down.

Reply to
MoParMaN

Can you just turn the key 3 times and read the code on the odometer?

You can look up the code on Google and see what's going on.

JAM

Reply to
j-rod

Well, the next day after I posted this, the truck wouldn't start. I replaced both batteries and the engine light has not come back on. Maybe it was a battery failure code, I'll never know now.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
MoParMaN

It's probably a P0976 - Hemi found where Cummins should be :) (get it...

5.7? no? ah well...)

Seriously... just cycle the ignition key three times between off and on (don't go to start)... ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON. Any stored codes will display on your odometer.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Love it,

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

And we'll never know what a 5.7 Turbo D is! (D for diesel?)

It may come back, I'd have scanned for codes first, but I have a scan tool so that's easy for me to do.

Reply to
PeterD

That trick still works on an 05? Cool...

Personally I think that the Hemi Diesel was the best engine they had for the era...

Reply to
PeterD

Oops, my bad. I did have an 03 2500 with a Hemi, loved it. I also have an 08 Apren with the MSD Hemi. My right foot enjoys it too.

Did it, it's P1755

Reply to
MoParMaN

The Hemi Diesel code is P1755.

Reply to
MoParMaN

Don't know if this applies, but "Dodge dealer said P1755 was a Throttle Valve Actuator" is what I got for info on this. (Note the quotes, I'm just pasting someone else's comment in... )

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks, it should come back then, unless it was not enough juice for the sensor.

Reply to
MoParMaN

I was wondering that maybe that was what it was: insufficient power for the sensor (or the computer).

Reply to
PeterD

Well, over 1000 miles now and still no light.

Reply to
MoParMaN

Cool... I'd consider that 'fixed'!

Reply to