'96 Dodge Truck will not start

'95 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 auto 5.9 liter Tran slipped badly once warmed up. Changed Trans. Now the truck will not start. Starter spins engine properly. No fuel in fuel rail. Checked fuel pump relay and it is good. I bypassed the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump worked properly. It has fuel pressure in fuel rail only when I bypass the fuel pump relay. It will not start even with fuel pressure in the rail. I plugged into the computer test plug and got and connection error. I adjusted plug several times and got the same error message with the key off or on. Power goes to the fuel pump relay from battery and ignition switch. I've rechecked the wiring harness and am sure that I have plugged in all of the wires that I unplugged.

Reply to
dscorpion

It sounds like you may have damaged the PCM. Connect a timing light to it and crank it over. If the timing light will not fire, you have no ignition along with no fuel which indicates a problem with the PCU. Did you disconnect the battery before replacing the transmission? You might also want to check the plugs going to the computer to make sure that one didn't get pulled loose.

Reply to
TBone

Make sure the crank shaft sensor wire is not pinched between the transmission and block. also their is a single sensor wire that goes to the distributor, it might be pinched.

Reply to
krenelka