98 Dodge ram input shaft bearing

What I thougt might be the throw out bearing was actually the input shaft bearing on my 98 ram 4x4. Does anyone know of where I can order just the input shaft bearing instead of buying the complete rebuild kit? I have done a few searches but havent really produced anything. The local tranny shops will only sell the complete kit wich runs anywhere from $180 to $250 depending on who I call. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Reply to
biker via CarKB.com

Which trans do you have, NV3500 or NV4500?

Do some research online, I'd bet someplace has just the bearing. BUt I'd also take a look and see what all you need, since a bad bearing means metal through the trans.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Reply to
biker via CarKB.com

Are you sure about the trans ID?

Reply to
Max Dodge

No such beast. You may have a Ram 2500, in which case you have an NV4500 transmission. If you have a Ram 1500 (1/2 ton), then you have an NV3500. These were the only two manual transmissions used in '98, regardless of truck configuration.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Carolina Watercraft Works