99 dodge ram

Hello I have a problem thought it was a three hundred fuel pump wrong Thought it was a six hundred Pcm pin was burnt replaced and wrong Atl is bad and I am going to replace it now heres the big Q. could the alt burn the pin cause if this is not the problem I have spent lots of money for nothing. I think the PCM needs to be replaced agian I really need help Thank you for your time. Bill Lewis

Reply to
EWC92

Bill, please list the model of your truck and what engine it has (specify gas or diesel if you have a 5.9L). Also list all of the symptoms and all repairs done to correct the problem, and what the results of these efforts were.

We can't tell much from your question. It sounds like you replaced a fuel pump and PCM and you want to change the PCM again or maybe the alternator, but we don't know why. Do you have a fuel problem or a charging system problem or both? Does the truck run? Is the battery voltage low? Is the check engine light on? Is the fuel pressure low? What PCM pin got burned?

Reply to
Nosey

Ok sorry

318 auto it would not start one day it was like it had no gas primed the carb it would run so I put a new fuel pump on that was not the problem primed the carb again it would run no gauges would work drove to autozone they gave me a code I dont know what it was but they could not find it in the computer the dealership told me they could not help me without seeing the truck for a fee the pcm had a burnt pin so I bought a new pcm and replaced the pin on the wire it started up for about for a short while and I mean short. the pin was burnt again this wire goes to the injectors the alternator fuse box and the fuel pump I had the alternator checked out it was bad I have not replaced it yet and my truck is still apart My question is do you think the alternator could be what is blowing out my PCM
Reply to
EWC92

Well no wonder it won't run... someone ripped your fuel injection out and stuck a carburetor on the manifold.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I was wondering about that, Tom...

I must have one of those adkins 99 rams...no carbs....

OTOH, I'd rather be blown that injected...

Mac

mac davis

Anything is possible. How many expensive parts are you willing to replace before you have it looked at by a professional? I know they are expensive but you may save yourself some money in the long run by having someone with the right test equipment go over the charging system.

Reply to
Nosey