A real disappointment: Dodge Forum

The Dodge Forum has proved to me that this old newsgroup is a better place for repair help even though it may be 20 years between posts.

I figured a forum with a dedicated 1st Gen Ram section would be helpful but I was wrong.

I asked a question about fixing a metal to metal noise from the steering stops on my 85 D250, gave the requested background as to what was done, my personal mechanical experience and I got stupid replies and insults ... some directed toward the alignment tech (who has 25 years experience) that did the alignment.

But in this group, teasing / harassing is the norm ... that's USEnet!

Yet good info is given out.

Thanks, guys!!!!!

You're not the best, but I hold out hope . . . . ;D

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Hey Budd, sucks when you go to a forum for help and get children replying. Have you tried

(hoping you haven't). I've had lots of help there. Bob

Reply to
FMB

I think the replies would have been more respectful with children because until they hit puberty kids don't think they know more than everyone including God.

What we probably need is a forum moderated by real mechanics instead of "techs" and wannabes.

I'm going to double check to make sure the gearbox is centered then go from there with adjusting the tie rods equally and see what happens.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran