bad idle, stumbling near back fire HELP!!

I have a 95 ram with the 318 and od transmission that is driving me nuts!!! From a cold start everything is great, no problems but when she warms up (5mins or so)the idle goes to hell, bouncing from 300 to about 1000 and sometimes stalls when I go to crawl away from a stop and sometimes seems to almost back fire as it tries to catch itself. If I keep the rpm up around

1200 or so it is fine. After the rpm are up she runs as good as it ever did!! Plugs, wires, cap and button were all changed but with no effect but all this computer stuff messes me up. Any idea's as to the problem and cure?
Reply to
Reno Rick

Vacuum leak possibly.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

turn your ignition key on and off 3 times, 3rd time on leave it on and read the engine codes that flash on the check engine light. 55 will flash when codes are done. see if that tells you anything. toivo

Reply to
toivo