Bad U-Joints on 2003 Ram 2500 4x4

On my driverside wheel where the axle connects to the wheel for my 4-wheel drive the U-joint in that union has rusted up and is very very loose, about ready to fall apart. I only have 50,580 miles on this truck and most of it is highway. I only use the 4wd when i get stuck in snow or mud and never on dry pavement. Anyone else having this problem? Some how i felt this would happen when i fist changed my oil and saw no grease fitting on any of the joints. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Brian

Lots of typo issue in this post. Factory joints do not come with grease fittings and the bad thing about a dodge is that they are always turning even in 2wd and if you have big tires it can shorten the life of the joints. Ujoints are not constant speed when flex past

3 degrees which increase ujoint stress under high torque loads. You can replace them with aftermarket joints with a grease fitting in the caps but is joint is being over stressed it may not help much. My 89 burb has 175k on it and the front axle joints are still fine but it does have autolocking hubs that completely disengage front axle when in 2WD that your Dodge does not do.
Reply to
SnoMan