99 'Stang u-joints

I'll be replacing the U-joints in my 99 V6 auto Vert soon. Looks like a simple two-joint and a slip-yoke set up. The manual refrences a special Ford grease to coat the yoke splines with. Is there a substitute grease I can get from Autzone? I'm thinking either ATF or just the regular wheel bearing grease?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Don't use wheel bearing grease. ATF is the best choice if you don't get the recommended stuff.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks.. used ATF.