Blower motor problem on 2001 Dodge Caravan

I have a on going problem with the front blower motor on my van. Sometimes the front blower will run and sometimes it won't. The rear blower works fine. I have replaced the fan resistor behind the glove box and it did not solve the problem. I would appreciate any help and advice on how to troubleshoot this problem.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Virgil2U

Make sure the ground is OK. They have a habit of failing and you get intermittent operation.

Reply to
Steve W.

Any idea where I can find the ground wire and where to check at?

Reply to
no

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 20:07:09 -0400, "Steve W." wrote:

it was not a ground problem. But for a bit of good advice if you tell someone it could be something at least say where the problem is. What I did was run a couple of wires from the battery to the plug from the resistor that goes to the blower motor and when connected to the battery the motor did not run so then I decided to take it to a garage and they verified that the blower motor was bad which costed me over $77. But now I have another blower motor from a junk yard which I did not want to get and have the problem happen again down the road but after paying the money at the garage I had no choice being low on funds and had to pay $35 for a motor from a 2005 caravan. If I was able to take it out myself it would have only been $10 but with the heat index over 100 and suffering from osteo-arthritis and gall bladder posioning I had no choice but to let them take it out. I also have 2 hernia's as well. Life is not easy for a disabled vet but I am not really complaining, at least I have both arm's and leg's unlike so many of the vet's from Iraq and Afghanistan and if anyone is reading this and really cares about the Disabled Veteran then please donate what money and time you can to help them out. So many of them when they got injured while serving lost everything. Their homes, cars and in some cases their families. If it was not for the charitable orginizations out there to help these Vet's then they would not have anything. So please help out a Disabled Veteran, especially those who have lost a limb or two whle in the service of this great country.

Thanks for letting me express this.

Reply to
no