*crickets*

I'm sad, this group seems to have died. Hope everyone who used to hang out here is doing well...

The Dak has surpassed 100k miles and is still running well, and still makes random unidentified noises :)

I miss y'all!

jmc

Reply to
jmc

R.I.P.

I just figiured everybody followed my lead and bought a Toyota too!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Well, if you don't post a problem, what do we have to do? (AKA: it is all your fault!) A possible sub problem is the lack of cookies, but I won't go there.

Reply to
PeterD

Nope, Nissans.

Don (who unfortunately still has two Dodge pickups left)

Reply to
IGot2P

It's just not the same as it used to be. I check in every couple of weeks but I seem to spend most of my spare time shooting IDPA, PPC and various high power and Garand matches. It was fun while it lasted tho.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@usenet.radix.net:

Hi folks, I like to read and see what people have to say about any problems/solutions. I don't know how to work on my truck, but I know when something is wrong with it. So far, it's OK. I have a Dodge Ram Quad cab

4x4. I love Dodge trucks. Marina
Reply to
Marina

On 01/31/2012 03:17 AM, beekeep wrote: ...

No way. Toyota trucks looked nice until the late 80s.

They turned ugly when the fenders got that soft swirled ice cream styling.

Now they're just grotesque. Your truck looks lika a potato bug.

Reply to
beryl

My biggest problem with Toyota trucks is the dissolving frames and other parts underneath. Their rust problems ruined a lot of vehicles, and they only responded when forced--and that response was so limited it didn't help the majority of the people who had trucks that were no longer safe to drive.

Reply to
PeterD

Well, I could post about the very slight shudder when braking that doesn't actually seem to be the brakes...

Other than that she's running great, and is gonna be pretty thoroughly used as I'm about to move to a little cottage in the country (from a townhouse in the burbs), and will use the Dak and my stock trailer to do it. Should be interesting.

Alas, nobody's gotten cookies out of me in months, possibly as much as a year. Just not been in the mood. I know y'all are disappointed...

jmc

Reply to
jmc

I shoot a bit but don't recognize your acronyms. At least, I assume you're talkin' about guns. Don't do matches, but can hit what I aim at, and have a tiny bit of combat training, so that if someone breaks into my home, I'm not likely to freeze up and hide under the bed. Or if I do, I'll still remember to grab the gun first :)

Being a bit vertically challenged with bitty little hands, all my weapons are undersized, like my fave, a SigSaur P238 Nitro.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Facebook is having a bad effect on the newsgroups. Some of us have to keep this system alive!

Glad to hear your Dak is still going. Mine is still waiting for me to put the engine back in it!

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Facebook is not well enough threaded to be a thread, I think the biggest threat to NNTP is web based forums.

Reply to
PeterD

*threat*... Damn you auto-correct. Oh, wait I typed it wrong myself!
Reply to
PeterD

You just had to go there didn't you.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I still read the posts a few times a week but haven't had any problems with the Dak or Ram to ask about.. I think most of the newsgroups I subscribe to have been thinned by facebook..

Reply to
Mac Davis

Nice to see you still remember English, Mac. How ya been? My 2500 is falling apart. I think I'm going to have to replace the clutch pedal rubber thingy again. Almost 228k miles.

Reply to
FMB

Suddenly, without warning, Mac Davis exclaimed (2/9/2012 8:38 PM):

Yea, same here, though I haven't found a Facebook group to replace this crowd.

Just had the rear brake system replaced - thoroughly rusted, so England's damage isn't quite done being fixed yet.

The Dak is going to get a bit of a workkout next weekend - I'm moving about 40 minutes away, and using my 10' steel stock trailer to do it.

So, hey, just to keep old tradition going with a wildly off topic thread, what do y'all think about Tommy Jordan - the father who shot up his daughter's laptop?

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Toyota doors are catching on fire. Wear long sleeves, non-synthetic fiber. Watch out.

Reply to
beryl

Got rid of my 2002 Dakota lemon and got a 2011 Dakota, Bighorn, 2 door,

2wd, long bed, 4.7L V8, silver.

It's been almost a year. I haven't had a reason to complain yet.

JAM

Reply to
Frank Galikanokus