Cummons Out The Door

actually, from every survey that i have seen, the allison that sits behind the duramax has the highest incident of repair of the main three light duty diesels. the last survey had ford first, dodge right behind it and the allison (a generic allison i believe) was quite a ways back in third place. so far my 48re has been pretty solid. i got two frineds with fords, one a 6.0 and one a 7.3. both are on their second tranny.

Reply to
theguy

LOL

Reply to
Chris Thompson

i dont doubt it a bit.

? isnt the cummins classified as a medium duty diesel?

same here. both my 48res are doing just fine, and one pulls heavy _every_ day.

i just bought another F350 a couple weeks ago

and although i wish it had a cummins, the 7.3 stroke is a solid engine. no tranny issues either (from any of my 7.3s), perhaps im just lucky. my brother on the other hand, had his allison rebuilt under warranty. i dunno how many miles are on the truck, but its an '05. certainly to early for a tranny rebuild.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Seriously, Has nobody here heard of the 6.7L Cummins released for the '07 cab & chassis dodges?

I can almost see a 2007.5 model. I drive a 1998.5 funny.

Reply to
Demon