Distributor problems

is the distributor in 94-2000 dodges with 5.9 Gas prone to problems? we decided to change the one in my wife's truck, 3 bad hall effect sensors in row didn't seem possible. We removed the old and had a new one ready to go in. Took it out of the box and it didn't fit, upon closer examination I noticed the stock one had a machined surface that mated down into the block, the new one had a cast surface. I measure with a set of venire calipers and the difference was about .010 ". Called around to 4 parts stores 1 stocked them and was out said he had sold six this month already? The other said it was either out of stock or back ordered as is? Is this right or am I getting a line?

Reply to
jeffrey David Miller