tire recommendation

Hey all...

I am going to get new tires soon and looking for some thoughts:

Here's the truck:

2002 Dodge Dakota SXT 4x4 V6

Although I use the truck daily, I rarely drive very far or for a long time. My commute is only about 5-10 miles each way.

I live in a relatively rural part of NJ. Snow and bad roads can be an issue.

I do occasionally, though rarely go off-road. When I do, it is for hauling and work-related. However, most of the time, I am on pavement.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

thanks!

Reply to
marksegal

I would look into a LT M+S tire. They have a quiet ride and have reasonable grip in the snow and off road.

Reply to
TBone

Yep - the Michelin LTX M/S tires have served me well on both my duallies - even handled the big President's Day blizzard we (I'm in NJ also) had back in '03 fairly well.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I agree. Very good tire in the snow. The LTS A/S are worthless and the A/T's are too aggressive. M/S is a very good compromise. In many sizes the LTX M/S is not available. For my 2004 Durango I went with Michelin Cross Terrain. Very similar to the M/S and just as good in the snow. Expensive but worth it. They outlast cheaper competitors.

Reply to
miles

Michelin LTX M+S. Best all around tire I'v ever used. Driven through a couple of blizzards without too much difficulty. Moderate mud and fire roads are not much of a problem, either.

When the tires are new, you can certainly hear the tread on the pavement, especially if it's concrete. Maybe a little bit louder than the stock Goodyears, but certainly less than BFG AT's.

I changed my last set of Michelins at 50K miles. Still had some tread left. But I was getting ready for winter so I changed them early.

On dry pavement it's an excellent tire. Good grip in the co0rners, decent ride (for a truck). I like to hit the corners a little fast, and I don't worry about the tires losing grip.

Reply to
.boB

Suddenly, without warning, Tom Lawrence exclaimed (8/13/2007 7:41 AM):

Third that. I have these tires, and love 'em (2001 Dak SLT 4x4)

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Thanks everyone! I guess Michelin it is!

Reply to
marksegal