Engine swap

I'm installing a 5.9 liter engine from an 01 4x4 ram into a 01 ram that has a 5.2 with a 5 spd. The 5.9 engine is from an automatic truck. What will be
different or need changed out during the swap.( transmission and engine components). I really need some knowledgeable advice and insight. I have access to all parts from both trucks.
On 06/02/2017 05:18 AM, Ds2001ram wrote:

I want to do the same with my '01, 5.2, 5-spd. Someday. I saved this info that someone posted here nine years ago. ______________________
::I got 16-17 mpg with my '96 360. It had a 5 speed and a 3.55 axle.
: How did you get a 360 and a 5 speed?
Broke the crank at first main on my 5.2. Droped in a 5.9 from a 2001. Wacked off a chunk of the flywheel opposite the bob weight on the original flexplate with my end mill. The 5.9 is externally balanced and the 5.2 is internally balanced. Used the 5.2 standard ECM and used the original injectors from the 5.9 by modifying the wiring harness. Worked perfectly and increased fuel economy by almost 2 mpg. As a side benefit, the truck really woke up. Goes like hell.
--
We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because
thorn bushes have roses.
On 06/02/2017 12:24 PM, Molten Baby wrote:
[snip]

[snip]
Droped (past tense of drope)
The word was invented at the Local University of New York (LUNY) as a combination of "dope" and "rope" when several students had been drugged and tricked into hanging themselves. They were droped.
--
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." [Mark Twain]

On 06/03/2017 08:56 AM, hah wrote:

It happened to me too. I bought WindowsXP, and Best Buy wouldn't let me return it because I opened the package. So then I called Mirecosoft, and they gave me my money back.

Site Timeline