First truck or vehicle at that

I’m looking at a 01 dodge for 3,000 what should I look for it already has 180k miles on it

So it's Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:18:01 +0000, and Austin payne says:

A manual transmission.
Austin payne wrote:

Enough tread on the tyres to drive safely. Cows are nice, good answer, unfortunatly Austin's post here was sent by that .com site and likely Austin does not read this use net group. What a scam those groups have,eh?

So there we were, Wed, 06 Dec 2017 10:33:16 +0000, and Sam Stone says:

And what does n*************t.com gain from it?
I have a 2001 1500 Quad Cab, 86K miles.
- Clear coat is hazing and eroding. (truck's never been garaged)
- Dash top extensively cracked.
- AC/Heat blend door, or something, quit sending air to the dash vents a year ago.
- Replaced fuel pump a few years back when truck failed smog test because tank wouldn't hold pressure. It pumped! What a waste of money over a whiff of vapors.
- Engine pings. Ran on Regular 87 octane when I bought it 1 year used, now using Premium and still pings a bit. Re-routing plug wires as per service bulletin might have helped a bit, but I think intake manifold gasket is the culprit.
Cows are nice wrote:

A chance of somebody on use net signing up at their .com site. Cows are nice, hope you truck has a manual tranny.

So there we were, Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:39:06 +0000, and Sam Stone says:

It does, and it was a rare find. Nearly all the manuals have a 6-cyl engine. It's an early '01 with drum brakes in back. This is the longest I've ever kept a vehicle, and I still like it.