Friday fuel line, saturday furnace

Another look into my life. As if I'm not busy enough trying to get my

87 dodge van running. =======================

A couple weeks ago, a firned of mine had a kitten which fell into the heater duct. She called the fire department, who came out and took the duct apart. And left it in pieces. I got to put it back together. Fortuately, I do some heating work, and had all the tools needed.

Well, she called again. Thinks a different cat went downt he duct (from second floor bathroom, no less). I'm out the door to rescue the cat. ths time without fail we screw some covers over the duct, to cover the vent. Or maybe staple some screen or something like that.

====================== Figuring this was another one of the same, I took apart the same duct I'd put back together the last time. No signs of cat, in the seven inch round duct. I followed that back to the furnace, there was a patch piece of metal over where there used to be a humidifier. So, I started to take that apart. I looked in as best possible, no cat. Went out to the truck and got my miror, and used that to look into the heat exchanger, and back through the duct. No cat.

Gwen asked if the cat might be in the heater. Not likely, but I did pull the cover panel off. No cat by the burners. I pulled the lower panel, which exposed the circuit board, and the blower fan. Look in with my mini mag, and surprise!

Cat looking back at me.... and blast, I didn't have my camera with me. That was a total Kodak moment.

I talked to the cat for a moment, and Gwen came over. She was pleased the cat was still alive. She reached in, and pulled the cat out. They went upstairs to get the cat a drink of water, and some to eat.

I put the furnace covers back on, and also the duct back together. I'd brought some screen wire to staple over the vents. And screwed shut a part of the vent that was open, in the back. Hope not to do this again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Moral of the story, Cats do make good targets!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny

don't say that. (even tho true).

the pc crowd will come down on you.

Reply to
bill allemann

But we need something to argue about this weekend. Ole Roy slipped up and didn't get us a weekend thread this week.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Hey, I figured that we needed a break after all the Budd crap.That and my friggin shoulder is sore after that BS. Friggin doc says they will give you a shot of novicane for the surface, then another further in towards the joint, then we will put in the solution. BS, all three in 1minute. No time for anything to work. Sure it was numb after but not during. And when it wore off, WOW! Can't imagine how I'll feel when they really get into it next month. I want all the perc's.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

that really was a great game. lived up to all the hype. that was what college football is all about. would have liked to have seen michigan take it, but as you said, it was a helluva game.

Reply to
theguy

Poor baby..... Go take a drive with them seat heaters on high and chill yourself....

How about them Buckeyes... That was a helluva game. I think if Michigan woulda had one more possesion they would have won it.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Yeah, but you have to get someone else to throw em in the air when you yell PULL!!!!!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Listen, you miserable idiot. We have plenty to argue about. Heck, I wouldn't argue with you if you were the last wrench puller on Earth. I mean, that was totally pathetic. Why don't you find something useful to do, instead of looking for an argument? Why, I'd bet guys like you go into old ladies houses and put cats in the furnaces.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Remidns me of my last dentist.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Real marksmen only need one bullet, not a whole handfull.....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

What do you think of the chances of a rematch for the championship game??? I think it would be a good thing no matter what the computer says. The number one team against a number two team whose only loss was against the number one. If that makes any sense anyway....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I'm not a miserable idiot. I'm a very happy, cheerful and annoying idiot. Get it right next time bub.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Is your daughter teaching you???

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Gotta agree!!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

yeah, i figure we could fix his shoulder for him. right? i mean, how hard can it be? and we would do it a lot cheaper than his docs.

roy, you in for this?

Reply to
theguy

Reply to
DonStaples

I'll send him a box of bees!

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Talk about creative editing....

I do gotta ask tho. When you're driving the Magnum with the seat heaters on, how long can you keep them on high???

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Well, with a throttle body spacer, impact wrench, and a couple cheater bars, we could have Roy's shoulder fixed up in a couple minutes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon