tire recommendations

its time to put tires on the '01.5 cummins powered dodge 2500 4x4. i guess im happy overall with the current tire size (265/75r16) but could be talking into going a LITTLE bigger so long as my overall drive ratio isnt affected too much. my truck has the 3.54 gearing so it isnt exactly a powerhouse as it is (although 22 mpg is nice...still id prefer more power).

i would love a set of trxus mud terrains but this truck is a work truck and carries a considerable amount of weight every day. due to the weight i need a tire that isnt going to wear out prematurely like the trxus tends to do.

so....is there an E rated tire with a semi-aggressive tread that actually has a respectable wear life? my current tires have 35000 miles on them and the tread is still servicable. i would love this kind of wear in a more aggressive tread pattern. thanks,

Nathan In Montana

Nathan W. Collier

I'v been driving on Michelin LTX M/S for a few years with my '01 Dakota - a much lighter truck. But I tow a lot, and frequently loaded the bed to the max.

Lots of miles in some really bad weather. The tire is quiet on concrete, smooth on the highwqay, cuts through snow like butter, and works well on muddy/snowy fire roads. Got about 60K miles out of the first set. In Dec I traded the Dakota on the Ram. The tires were in excellent shape after

25K or so miles. The tread doesn't look all that agressive. But even snow up to the bumper won't stop them.

It is the very best all around tire I'v ever used. And I'm an old guy from snow country.

I just put a set of the same tires on my "new" Ram

2 days ago - 235/80-17. Same tread, E load rating. Rides real smooth and quiet on dry pavement. Got a good deal from DiscountTireDirect.com. Looking foreward to the next snow storm so I can test them out.

-------- .boB

2006 FXDI hot rod 2008 Mustang Coupe 2007 Ram 2500 CTD/Auto/4x4 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
Reply to
.boB

Mich XPS Traction, ALL STEEL, Good ride. long wear, very good traction.

yorgor

Reply to
Joseph Myers

I've got the LTX M/S on my 91 & 03 Dakotas, and 89 & 93 S-10 Blazers. Wouldn't waste my money on anything else.

Reply to
Bruce Porter