Govenor on 01 dakota 4.7L??

I'm guess it's governed, at least I sort of hope so...

Took a short road trip last week to the states and the truck "cut out" twice while passing other cars... Felt like an ignition stumble that went away as soon as you took your foot out of it...

Maybe in the 95 - 100 range? (too busy to look)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

That's what it sounds like, mine does the same thing about 98

Reply to
azwiley1

wow that is sad. Speed limits are going up and they are cutting back on the max speeds of the vehicles.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Suddenly, without warning, mac davis exclaimed (7/7/2007 10:56 PM):

I have the same truck, and took it up to about 98mph (but only once), with no stumble.

Probably won't again though. Back then (before Jan 07) there was no speed limit on the outback roads hereabouts. Now there is. Not sure why they bother, it's thousands (literally) of miles of empty roads, rarely patrolled. About the only people you could give speeding tickets to is someone who's wrecked because they've gone too fast.

jmc

Reply to
jmc

Well, the max speed limit in Baja is 50 mph / 80 kpm but nobody pays much attention to it.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Yeah, I've had the truck for 6 years and a 56,000 miles and just found this out...

Just got into a nice flow with 3 other trucks across a dry lake bed and when I passed a slower car it "cut out" on me twice...

Good to know it's NOT an ignition problem, which is what it felt like..

OTOH, I'd much prefer the diesel type governor if I have to have one, where the rpm or is limited but doesn't have the "back off" stumble..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

mac davis thought everyone should know:

i agree they could control max speed on a gasoline car much more smoothly with computer control if they would just program it as such. the whole shut the thing off for a second just seems a touch rediculous to me.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

80 kpm = 2982.582 mph... fast enough to make the paint peel (or burn) off! ;^) Bryan
Reply to
Bryan

Oops... kph Damn metric system is only good for wrench sizes.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

And a bit dangerous, when it happens at speed and you're not expecting it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

The older (gen II, 92-96) Daks were limited to 115mph or 5500rpm. It cuts the fuel injection.

What's the speed rating on your tires? That's the speed they usually set it to.

Reply to
E Frank Ball III

This is true mac, like when I found out the chevy had one on it, 98 on I-10 and WHAM! I thought I hit something it shut down so hard. There is a flip side to this though and that is the fact that a truck, other than the SRT, Chevy SS454 and Ford Lightening really don't need to go that fast, esspecially if they don't have (and most won't) the proper tires to handle the speed.

Reply to
azwiley1

Well, it DID take 6 years/56k miles to find out it had one, Larry... Not like it's my normal cruising speed... lol