guns on campus

Man, you just gotta keep the bs going don't ya.

Reply to
Roy

Man you are dumber then a box of rocks and you're too damn stupid to just STFU at times, even when one of your "partners in crime" says let it rest.

Also, if you are going to try and quote something that I or anyone said, get it right asshole. I did not say or imply that I didn't have to prove anything, I stated as it is the fact of law here that the DEFENCE/DEFENSE does not have to prove that I was justified, that it is up to the state/prosecution to prove that it was UNJUSTIFIED. What don't you understand fucknuts?

Reply to
azwiley1

This is getting very old don't ya think. Comes a time when nobody is able to prove a point.

Reply to
Roy

i have _never_ stated, suggested, or implied in ANY way that every student should be armed. what ive stated is that you cannot deny that right to those who wish to exercise it.

give me _any_ statistical data to substantiate that this is in any way a probability. your statement sir, is without merit.

you do however bring up a valid point. without knowing who the gunman is it can be quite difficult to distinguish between the good guys and the bad. this is where proper training comes into effect. if you follow your training you minimize the possibility of shooting the wrong guy. yes, it happens....but given the choice of facing a trained, armed good guy verses being unarmed and completely at the mercy of an armed bad guy, ill take my chances on the good guy.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

Roy, my reply was not an attempt to prove a point, though I do agree with you on the getting old issue. However, I'm not going to sit here and let some assclown make false statements and claim it is what I said.

Reply to
azwiley1

I can't deny the right to wear body armor to those who wish to exercise it.

Mass hysteria & panic happens. Merely saying the wrong words in large groups has caused trampling deaths in stampedes.

Wasn't there a story about some guy hid out in the forests (Phillipines?) for like 30 years because he never got the word that WWII was over? I think there has to be communications, and a commander to orchestrate things. Imagine how much tougher the police's job would be with thousands of alarmed and armed students running around. Who should they shoot at?

Maybe it's time for software to control guns, like it does nearly everything else...

Gun contains small battery and piezo tweeter that emits a *chirp* every few seconds, like a car alarm. Won't operate without it. Now everyone knows who the wolf is, it's the guy chirping. Also a time delay, so the gun isn't ready for use until it's been actively chirping for 30 minutes.

Reply to
Beryl

"You're right, it is not up to me to prove "he" was armed and that my life or that of my family was in danger. It is up to the "state pros" to prove that my life and/or that of my families WASN"T." - punkin

I understand that you're now babbling about your defense in court, your legal argument. Not your personal defense when you decide to shoot someone. I understand that you don't really give a flip about who you mistakenly shoot, as long as you're off the hook.

Reply to
Beryl

Not everyone on a college campus is in the 19-25 year old range.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Nah - he's too busy trying to catch that damn road runner bird! I think ACME makes bullets but I don't think they make guns anyway.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

"Beryl" wrote

For those here who are old enough, Fearless Fosdick came to my mind. (from Lil' Abner)

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Nate, trust me, I'm on your side on this. Somebody takes away my right to own a weapon and I'm not gonna be a happy camper. I just don't think we'll ever see concealed carry allowed on any campus just for the above reason.

My co-workers and me get into a discussion from time to time. A number of them run the local dirt track on Friday nights and they're always talking about somebody getting into a fight in the pits. And the constant badmouthing of the other drivers. Compare that to my competative shooting where there is an unreal amount of politeness amonst the shooters. I wonder if it has anything to do with a .45 on the hip....even tho it's unloaded..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Pal, fights in the pit's are a tradition at just about every small track on Fri and Sat nights. The guns are in the haulers. Hell, at Thompson in CT when Spencer was running modifieds, heaven help the other guy who spun Jimmy. His entire pit crew was on him. Hell his pit crew was his family and were some tough people.

Rules, you have rules, that are enforced at the range. Racin' the first rule is there are no rules. It's all who your sponser is.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

"azwiley1" wrote

The

All I have said, and will continue to say is that shooting someone is not as simple scenario as you project it to be. It's not always written in stone, and any slimy lawyer who's worth his Evian water knows ten different ways to come at you. OR will come up with some new tactic.

And even if you do win the case, your lawyer gets his $400 per hour, and good luck getting that back from the perp in small claims court.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Understood, and I believe you understand what I was saying. That being said, I will end this as I don't have any desire to enter into another pissing contest with you over this.

Reply to
azwiley1

Yeah thats what I need my gun to do, "bluescreen" at a critical moment.

Reply to
Heatwave

gives a new meaning to the blue screen of death.

Reply to
theguy

Don't laugh.... my state already has law on the books that says only smart guns can be sold in this state.... just as soon as one is developed.

That's right - we actually have a law requiring something that doesn't even exist yet. Oh, of course, LEO's are exempt from the law... as well, I'm sure, are the personal security staff of the elected officials. Hmmm.....

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Reminds me of US Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders' comment that we needed "safer bullets."

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

no you cant....but where the heck did that come from?

totally unrelated to what i asked you for. show me ANY statistical data that substantiates your statement as any sense of probability. i dont think any of those who died that day died of being trampled.

you mean those same police who didnt respond for how many hours?

heh. :-)

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

no doubt, sir.

i think its a different mind-set entirely. carry brings a keen sense of responsibility and awareness. you just cant afford to be "stupid" when you carry. in fact, you have an obligation to avoid senseless trouble when you carry.

Reply to
Nathan In Montana