Replacement Tires

I have narrowed my search down to two tires, the Toyo Open Country H/T and the Yokohama Geolander H/T-S. They are pretty close in price, so that's not a factor. If anyone has purchased either of these tires, I would like to hear what you think of them. They are LT245/75/R16E

Reply to
Partner

First off a truck takes four tires not two. Secondy, it's not good to mix brands.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

I have these. Great on dry pavement, but terrible on wet. Slippery on wet and easy to hydroplane in water sitting on the road. Though they are quite tires.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Ahhh.... you just ain't driving right :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

On Apr 16, 12:50=EF=BF=BDpm, "Partner" wrote: I would like to

Partner

I have the same in Michelin. Doing real nice.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Which model? I recall I had bought some Michelin "rain" tires for my VW Golf in 1989 after wasting the last ones from racing and blew them out. I bought them for a low price of $89 each from AFFES. Even other retail placed admited they could not even buy them that low. Few days later I was driving in the "Hill Country" area of Texas when it was raining. I was going up a hill when I noticed my RPMs going up for what seemed no reason.

Turns out the front tires had lost most their traction. It was the vehicle's momentium, and tire's spinning that kept the car going up the hill.

Partner

I have the same in Michelin. Doing real nice.

Bob AZ

Reply to
GeekBoy

HEY! not fair, most of us aint got the torque or HP to lift the cummins off the ground like you do!!!!

Reply to
Chris Thompson

"Partner" wrote in news:rfCdnWeZOdgbTr7bnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Our company uses the Yokohama Geolander tire exclusively on it's 5 trucks. Our trucks get from 35000 to 90000 miles per year and, keeping them rotated at about every 10000 miles, we get 60000 to 80000 per vehicle.

They are a quiet tire with a fairly good water shedding tread design. They ride VERY smooth. The first truck that I put them on reminded me of when I put my first set of steel belted radials on. It was like someone had invented a new type of shock absorber.

Reply to
Sam Alcorn

Gathering from the fact that you are looking at highway tread tires, I am gathering that you are looking for something that is quiet and rides well. You may also want to look into a very "mild" AT tire. I am using the Bridgestone Dueler APT III on my truck and am very happy. Ride is good, no nosie and if I need the extra traction of a slightly more aggressive tire, I have it.

Reply to
azwiley1

I put a set of Kelly-Springfield Safari Trex on my Dakota. Excellent so far.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

I don't think they make those in 8 ply.