Heater flap door

The heater flapper door in my 2006 RAM broke off because it is cheesy plastic. Looks like it would be a booger to fix, having to take off a lot of the dashboard. Anyone fixed one or had it fixed? I can live with the little teddy bear blanket stuffed in there in winter time if it costs a lot.

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.

Reply to
Steve B

The RAM has several 'heater flapper door'(s). One is for Recirculation vs. Fresh, one for Blending hot with cold to get various stages of warm, another is a Mode door to direct the flow to various vents. One door is easy (Recirc), the others are less easy.

Which one is giving you problems, or what are the symptoms?

FMB (North Mexico) ('03 2500 without a Recirc door)

Reply to
us.news.astraweb.com

The controls quit working. I heard something rattling around in there. I reached up through the opening, and the little door was loose up in there. I took it out. A 3" x 4" approximate flap with two ears and pins on it, one of them broken. When I run in cold weather, the air comes through the port, and dumps at the feet of the passenger, and it is cold. If I stuff a towel in there, it's better, and the warm air still goes to the dash vents and windshield vents.

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.

Reply to
Steve B

Look here, and read what Ratlratl presents on page 2, reply #18.

Other help
You can search for more on DTR.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to