Well, welll ... some things never change.

I see most of the old bunch is still here, and still as wicked as ever.

Makes me glad I left.

Let the flames begin.

Budd

Reply to
C.L. Budd Cochran

To paraphrase Beekeep.... "..well looky what the cat drug in..."

How are ya', you old fart?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Doing fabulous, naturally. Ya know, kinda like in Josh Turner's song, "Me and God"?

I've dropped about 70 pounds since the last time I was here. Moved back to CO and bought a home and laid my best friend to rest last fall. He died of complications with his Diabetes thanks to the VA not letting him test his blood sugars more than once a day.

No longer own any Mopars ... sold my 81 Establishment Class "C" (440 / Loadflite in a 79 M-400 chassis) to a guy who's going to convert it to a kitchen for his mobile bar-b-que business, traded my 79 D-150 for the XJ, sold my 80 slant six D-150 for more than I paid for it.

The better half's working at her old employer but in a managerial position. I'm still disabled but thinking about opening a small business of some kind to cover my butt when the Obama Bunch cuts off my disability, Social Security and medicare because I'm on the "Death List". Maybe if I pay some ridiculous taxes to that bunch they'll let me live a little longer ... like till the next Presidential Election.

But this newsgroup doesn't seem to have improved at all. Still the same old stuff as always.

But, I'm not surprised.

Who's gone missing here?

Budd

Reply to
C.L. Budd Cochran

I doubt it was prohibited. What does a diabetic test strip cost anyway?

Just pray, then. You can pay some preacher to pray for you too, for better results.

You must have a lot of old unread messages stacked up. It's real quiet here.

I got rid of azwiley, the punkin guy in arizona. Took about a year.

So, Budd... how does one get gobs of power out of a V6 Dakota? Are you going to blow your gaskets now?

Reply to
Beryl

Well Howdy Budd. Good to hear from you again. I read about you setting the Mopars loose but how about the Cushmans??? We haven't had the Wheel Horse running in about five years. It's still setting in the garage waiting on grandkids to grow a bit.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Beryl wrote: I doubt it was prohibited. What does a diabetic test strip cost anyway?

I can answer that. Depending on the brand they are between 60 cents to

1.40 a strip. My yearly cost for testing for One Touch strip are close to 1350 dollars a year without insurance. Luckily I have insurance that pays 80 Percent. My state has a law that mandates they pay for testing supplies.

Sarge

Reply to
Licker

Seems ya haven't changed a bit.

You'd be surprised to know that a few here tried to track you down to check on your well being after your last foray here. To no avail.

After reading your most recent post I wonder why they bothered.

Reply to
Roy

Significant cost. Too bad Budd's best friend wasn't worth a few bucks a day to anyone.

Reply to
Beryl

I came back after about a year, too, just to check on things and hawk my website. There was not one post for about a month. Don't know why I didn't unsubscribe, but something told me there were some deep thinkers lurking out there still.

So, a year later, a couple of hospitalizations later, a few funerals later, I came back to ask about a wiring question on my Ram. Same old same old, but this time I have learned to ignore more people, killfile the others, and it doesn't make such a big deal any more if some idiot is spouting drivel.

BTW, the RAM 2500 is up to nearly 20mpg in the highway now nearing 100,000 miles. Running good.

Hope all is well with all the old crew. And you new whippersnappers ......... buy a vowel. Get a clue.

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult.

Reply to
Steve B

He had the test strips and the machines, but he, unfortunately, couldn't be convinced the VA docs were stupid.

While Ed wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, admittedlty, he did have a tendency to trust diplomas over common sense.

And I get the feeling you're azwiley with a new screenname ... and the same attitudes. Which means you never figured out what was really going on.

Sometimes you need to vote as well as pray. It's because conservatives were too lazy we got the administra ... dictators we have.

Reply to
C.L. Budd Cochran

Still got the Cushman ... and still working on it.

Seems a balanced, ported, shaved head Briggs makes the V-belt slip unless you use way too much tension. Gotta rig dual belt drive.

Reply to
C.L. Budd Cochran

I am not azwiley! I didn't like his attitude either.

We got the democrats because the departing cowboy was such a failure.

Reply to
Beryl

R-i-i-i-i-ight . . . .

80% of America claims to be politically conservative. 20% liberal

Do the math and you'll see why Obama won. (Hint: Conservatives didn't get off their dead butts and vote.)

Budd

Reply to
C.L. Budd Cochran

I actually almost, could have, voted for McCain. His stunningly ill-considered VP choice squashed that.

Reply to
Beryl

Your numbers are wrong.

In 2009, 40% percent of respondents in Gallup surveys that have interviewed more than 160,000 Americans have said that they are either ?conservative? (31%) or ?very conservative? (9%). That is the highest percentage in any year since 2004.

Only 21% have told Gallup they are liberal, including 16% who say they are ?liberal? and 5% who say they are ?very liberal.?

Thirty-five percent of Americans say they are moderate.

During Republican President George W. Bush?s second term, the number of self-identified conservatives as measured by Gallup dropped, riding at a low of 37% as recently as last year.

See? Exactly half as many conservatives as you claim, and conservative support was waning throughout the FAILURE's second term.

Reply to
Beryl

Reply to
PlowBoy

No,

We got pe>> Beryl wrote:

Reply to
PlowBoy

Top-poster PlowBoy:

Google "Bush quotes", with or without the word "stupid" in there (you'll get the same results)

In fact, just enter "Bush q" and Google will suggest *stupid quotes* in their dropdown list.

Read what the bumbling idiot has said. Some of it is simply due to his clumsiness. Other times the words come out right, and reveal just what a shallow non-thinker he is.

Reply to
Beryl

Top-poster PlowBoy:

"there has to be some link between the "camshaft" and the Crank, could be gears I guess... right? or are the intake and exhaust lobes cut into the crankshaft somehow? not that it is a bad idea to do valve timing off crankshaft..." ____________________________

Reply to
Beryl

Don't you find it kind of odd that there hasn't been a flame war in here since he left, but we're the ones that are wicked?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep