It has Happened!!

LOL, complete crap.

Reply to
TBone

What you call crap is a large part of the problem. Socialized medicine does not provide a driving force to improve. It would be nice if that weren't the case but reality isn't crap. Socialized medicine does not work anywhere in the world it's been tried. At best they have to rely on the massive $'s poured into R&D from the USA rather than contribute anywheres near the same level to keep improving. Take that away and the impact will be felt here as well as abroad. Like it or not, money is what drives the industry to improve itself.

Reply to
miles

Damn Phil, long time no see. How you doing?

Yeah, sorry enough your statement is very true. I guess I got lucky, being a Vet and working in a VA hospital does seem to have an advangae.

Reply to
azwiley1

Miles, Walter Reed is not a VA med center. Granted your statement about the VA med center is correct.

Reply to
azwiley1

I don't get it. Did this guy drive a Dodge?

Reply to
RioBigg

I have a feeling that you may shortly. Oh, yup he drives a Dodge!

Reply to
Roy

Oh man! Be nice all! To the OP as a FYI this being an un-moderated group we can/do and will talk about ANYTHING we desire, but will not ignore you when you ask a question. (unless you post as a net nanny would)

Reply to
azwiley1

I'm in this site most evenings for short periods, but since I sold the Ram & fifth wheel following Hurricane Ivan, I mostly just drop in and check out what the topics for discussion are. I was in the VA system from Jan '73 until about '02, I have had some disagreeable times with the system and ended up dropping out except for hearing aids. I now am handled by the Navy hospital here in Pensacola except for a few things (eyes and uro system) which I do with Medicare/TFL and ears with the local VA clinic. The VA is trying something new here in that they are building a 225,000 sq ft clinic and it is being co-located on site with the Navy hospital. As a joint effort, VA patients and some active duty Navy personnel will be seen in the clinic, and if care is needed in excess to what the clinic can handle, the hospital will pick up the case, VA or active duty Navy. It sounds good but the clinic won't open until around mid-2008 and then we will see how well it works; If I remain in Pensacola.

But I will say one thing for certain, GETTING OLD SUCKS!

Reply to
Jimbo

Phil, I'll take a guess and figure you have used tricare. I will begin useing it as my primary until 65. Have you had problems with it??

Roy

Reply to
Roy