Looking for Durango 1999 PCM

I have a 1999 Durango, 5.9l, 4x4, SLT and need to find either a replacement PCM, or a mopar performance or other compatible pcm for this vehicle. I had been holding out hoping that the older Durango pcm's would begin to fall in price but it looks like that is not in the cards for a while anyway.

My stock pcm has the "no bus'" problem that has been referenced before that occurs after the engine heats up the engine compartment while in slower traffic, The pcm will kill the engine and after three tone beeps will display the "NO BUS" message in the vfd trip odometer display. The only solution is to wait for the engine compartment to cool off, or as I do keep a can of water in the back seat that I flow over the heatsink area of the pcm to cool it off faster. 3-5 minutes instead of 15-30 minutes to get it to start again. I was keeping track for a while but as I recall I had 30+ Durango identified with the exact same issue a few months back. My Durango has all the "cooling fixes" applied or were installed from the factory like the improved shroud and the viper mechanical fan with more blades, etc. in addition I have installed a 180 degree t-stat per mopar performance recommendations.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies, Joe.

Reply to
Joe Brophy

Go Here

Coasty