'53 K seat belt instal

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has installed lap belts in a 53 HT. The tunnel area I'm OK with, but where does one anchor when the troughs are in the way?? Thanx in advance.

Reply to
stuuder

What I recommend is to drill down through the top side of the floor through the hog trough area with a long 1/8 inch drill bit to locate a center hole in which to start a hole saw to be able to cut an opening the size of the openg of the holes that accomodate the 3 holes that have the body plugs as located on the rear door jamb. Should be able to get a good size washer in there with lock washer and nut. Once done seal with a body plug or get a good size plug from an electrical supply store jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim

Reply to
stuuder

Or, you could anchor it to the door like Studebaker did. That does keep you from trying to get out of the car with the belt still fastened.

Reply to
rwhughe

Except that non-interlock door latches are notorious for opening during a crash...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire