my dakota keeps stalling (1993 V8)

i dont know whats wrong but ive replaced the ignition coil, spark plugs and wires, ignition coil, distributor cap and rotor and the fuel filter. it keeps stalling more and more frequently

Reply to
peleeislander

RamMan

thats what i think now to but do you think it could also be the computer. when it stalls it sometimes starts back up right away but it could also take up to 2 hours

Reply to
peleeislander

Sure sounds like the fuel pump. Mine left me broke down in Lakehurst NJ. I had a tow truck haul it to a local Dodge dealer. Once it was unloaded, it fired right up......then failed a few minutes later. I had the dealer replace it and it was very expensive. I stumbled upon a Dodge Ram tech paper concerning Fuel Pump failures......turns out, there is a lot of other fuel related components that can appear as a bad fuel pump. So, you may want a dealer to check it out. Be prepaired to spend a few bucks....fuel pumps are sold as a complete assembly by Dodge.....not just the little pump. John

Reply to
1995 Ram