Nailhead Center

Hi, How hard is it to get a Nailhead mill? Eino

chreno4t

Buy a 3.5 L Rover. Nailhead Buick design was sold to British Motors Corp. in the 60's. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

I'm glad that you knew what the OP wanted, Steve.. I was going to refer him to the metal working group for milling machines..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Not so. The 3.5L (215 c.i.) aluminum V8 used in the Land Rover was a Buick design but bears no resemblence to the iron Nailhead Buick used from '53-'66 in displacements of 322-425. The Nailhead is distinguishable by its verticle valve covers and is so-called because of its tiny valves that resemble the heads of nails.

Reply to
John Kunkel

I beg to disagree. It was also sold in the 225 CI size in aluminum and was also a very popular engine for Midget Sprint Cars with the front 2 cylinders chopped of the block on methanol. This is what BMC bought the rights to. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

I stand by my OP.

John Kunkel