need a diagram of where wires go from data link connector on an 02 dodge ram1500

just put a 5.9 v-8 from a 2001 dodge Dakota (trans, wiring harness and all) in my 02 dodge ram 1500 that did have a 3.7 v-6. there is a data link connector near left side of steering column and I need to know where the wires go to and from it . preferably for both trucks

Reply to
sunny

on the dakota There is a diagnostic junction port next to the steering column and is tied to the bundle running to the top of the instrument panel. A data link connector under the headlamp switch is tied to the flasher and timer modules wiring and these all join with the main bundle going the the PCM and Power distribution box.

That 5.9 was probably in a 1500 at first.

Dakota was never available with the 5.9.

JAM

Reply to
Frank Galikanokus