Oil in radiator...

... in my '97 Plymouth Neon Highline, AT, 2.0L 4 cyl. I immediately thought "bad head gasket" and have had a couple of other people suggest that. But my oldest son says that would cause the *opposite* (i.e. water in the oil). He says it could be a bad water pump seal. What do you guys think?

Forgive my posting this to the truck NG. But this is a busier NG than alt.autos.dodge - and I've gotten some valuable input here before (regarding a Dakota).

TIA,

Karl

Reply to
Ka-POP!

Trans cooler would be my guess. Easy to check. Grab some of the mix and put a couple drops on a clean sheet of paper. What color is it?

Amber-Black = engine oil Pink-Red = trans fluid

Reply to
Steve W.

Black and amber it is. Guess I'm looking at a bad head gasket after all. Thanks,

Karl

Reply to
Ka-POP!

Don't jump to conclusions. Pressure test cooling system, check for combustion residue in coolant.

-- Pete Arnold

This e-mail from Peter Arnold and any attachments to it are c> ... in my '97 Plymouth Neon Highline, AT, 2.0L 4 cyl. I immediately

Reply to
Peter Arnold