ot again.

>> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:19:58 -0700, "Budd Cochran" > SPAM.net> wrote: >> >>> >>>> Suddenly, without warning, Budd Cochran exclaimed (29-Oct-06 10:43 PM): >>>>> OPINION: >>>>> >>>>> I can't help with the truck, but for explanation of the Aboriginal >>>>> situation, their status is akin to that of the Native American ( >>>>> Amerind) >>>>> in that they've been mistreated over-run, subjugated, to the point of >>>>> losing their collective sense of worth by the invaders of their >>>>> homeland, >>>>> the white man. >>>>> >>>>> Living in the Southwest US, I meet many Native Americans and have met, >>>>> over the years, a few Aboriginals that escaped the oppression. In both >>>>> peoples they just want to live their lives in peace and harmony with >>>>> their neighbors, as equals. >>>>> >>>>> Interestingly, the liberals of both nations and Britain tend to >>>>> overlook >>>>> the rights of the native peoples. >>>>> >>>> >>>> Actually, it's a good bit more complicated than that. The law supports >>>> Aboriginals - over-supports them often, due to Legal Aid - but certainly >>>> the history of what white Australians did to the Aboriginal is worse >>>> than >>>> what happened in the US. >>> >>>No, it's just the the "superior" species of man throwing its weight >>>around. >>> >>>> But many of individual's woes they brought on themselves - Plenty of >>>> Aboriginals have managed to stay out of the bottle and make good lives >>>> for >>>> themselves. But, as with the American Indian, too many have decided to >>>> hide in a bottle and live off the gov't, rather than take the harder >>>> road >>>> of overcoming history and becoming something more. >>> >>>When you destroy a group's collective soul, don't be surprised if it >>>"hides >>>in a bottle". Tell a man he's worthless enough times and he'll become >>>worthless. The same is true of the Amerinds and the Abos as groups. >>>> >>>> Oppression here is more on an individual rather than a gov't basis. Many >>>> Aboriginals have given up and are alcoholics, violent, thieves, beggars >>>> or >>>> all four, living in town and causing problems. Due to their culture, >>>> which >>>> scorns buildings - they much prefer to be outside - those individuals' >>>> problems are much more on display than any other culture. One has to >>>> work >>>> very hard to stay open-minded, and many white Australians in this town >>>> don't seem to be up to that challenge. >>>> >>>> jmc >>> >>>A few years ago, I had a chance to speak with a lady of standing in a >>>nearby >>>Dine' (Navajo) tribe and a Moab resident. I asked the one question that >>>had >>>never been asked of her people: "If the Whites had gone to the tribal >>>council and asked to live in peace, share the land, and agree to work out >>>differences without war, what would have happened?" >>> >> >> oh yes, that question has never been asked before budd. the fact that >> it is discussed in so many history books aside, good job man. >> >>>She looked me in the eye and said that most likely, if this had been done >>>with all the Indian Nations then we would still be living side by side and >>>in peace. >>> >> >> well, thast it then. i mean if she and you said it, it must be. crud, >> we really messed up this one. >> >>>She and I discussed the drinking problem and we agreed it was because the >>>American Indian is, in many ways, still a second class citizen, still >>>under >>>government subjugation. And they need to be taught to live without >>>subsidy, >>>taught they are of worth and the reservations need to be disbanded. >>> >> >> just another example of keeping the man down baby. >> >>>This lady was one of the thousands of Native American kids in the 50's >>>that >>>had been torn from their parents arms and fostered among the Whites, an >>>attempt to force white ways upon the Indians. Since she has learned her >>>people's traditions, laws and helped restore their original language and >>>often works as the Dine' / White liaison in the local hospital. >>> >> >> do you remember what was the leading "cause" or "movement" behind that >> action budd? i do. read up on it. you will find it very >> interesting. >> >>>I'm currently helping her youngest son get a Ramcharger 4X4 running again >>>by >>>teaching him things about auto mechanics no longer taught in school. He >>>was >>>sold an engine that had been converted point type ignition and he knew >>>nothing about how they worked. The vehicle had been his dad's before he >>>died >>>from cancer. It's an honor to be asked help someone's son become a man. >>> >> >> very liberal of you. >> > >Boy, do I feel a big chuckle on the way. >

well...........after reading ahead, looks like you weren't dissapointed.

at the same time, this "keepin the mad down" campaign is actually much easier on the eyes than the martyr one. i just wonder what crusade he will take up next? any bets?

Reply to
theguy

It is about time for a liberal political rant. Should be a few smiles with that.

Reply to
Roy

Thank you for also proving my point so expertly.

You and Craig are just fabulous to be willing to show your bigotry and hatred.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Just because someone thinks you're an asshole does not make them a bigot. Moron.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Ah, praise the Lord, your expertise in proving my point overflows.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Very good point!!

See, I knew this would provide a few chuckles.

Reply to
Roy