OT: Blow Out

You should be the last person to talk about posting, I think you ment trip.

IIrc you took a tire that was manufacture rating at 32 pounds cold. Then you added another 31/2 pounds for a total of 35+1/2 pound'scold. That tire will very quickly climb up to 40+pounds once you start to highway drive it, more if it is 90 degrees or more. Do you think that would have a detrimental effect on the tire and suspension remembering that the manufacture said 32 pounds cold.

Reply to
Roy

Damn now ya have me doing it should be "TRIPE"

Reply to
Roy

Unlike you I come here to spread

Really, you come here to spread knowledge? Care to explain to me where I EVER asked you to preach to me about tires and the possible causes of a blow out? Clue for you, I NEVER did. I posted this, to share an experience, no more no less. You took it upon yourself, just like you did when I asked a question about Cats in the Chevy group to open mouth and spew a lot of shit. These are two perfect examples of times when your dribble is not needed nor wanted, but you just can not help yourself!

Why don't crawl back under your rock, please. If you want to "spread knowledge" do so when it is ASKED for, something you NEVER do, at least in here.

Reply to
azwiley1

I've stayed away from your last few posts - mainly because they've been correct (and I'm in agreement with you on the tire sidewall flex/heat build-up thing - also in agreement about running bias-ply tires instead of radials on trailers and equipment).

However, you have to realize you've been involved in several instances here of giving out just plain wrong information at times. And more than just giving wrong info. - but refusing to recognize that you were wrong, accept it, admit it, and move on. There was the whole 'cat-con on diesels' thing... your claim (still unproven, by the way) that the Dodge V10 can retard it's ignition timing based on octane rating of the fuel... the whole 'Dodge uses a GM 8.25" R&P in their 8" IFS front axle'... and several others.

Given that, and your staunch refusal to accept the wealth of facts and learned opinions to the contrary, you can't but expect to have developed a reputation of distrust in this group, and that's the backlash that you experience now whenever you offer an opinion.

I have no doubt that you have amassed a good deal of knowledge. You could be the smartest, most educated person in the world... but with the constant holier-than-thou attitude, don't be surprised if no one wants to hear what you have to say.

Please - don't tell me how immature I'm being, or how I'm some kind of troll. Put those defense mechanisms away for a minute, and really think about what's been said.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

You missed one point here. I said increase it about 10% over suggested pressure for current load for high speed operation up to the max recommanded cold tire pressure. It is generally considered that if you have to run max pressure to carry rated load on tire in use before the

10% pressure increase that high speed operations should be avoded. This is why sometimes you see cheap car haulers and travel trailers with 3500lb axles and basically car tires on them eat tires because there is no reserve capacity in them as they are being used. For good safe high speed operation you really want to be at least 10 to 15 percent or more below tires rated capacity for ply and PSI being used

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

more for extened high speed driving

Let me see if I am following this conviluted way of thinking.

As a tire gets "hot" we know that the A.P increases. This fact is proven in ALL forms of auto racing. Example, NASCAR "underinflates" tires during a pit stop because they know that it will increase as they get hot. By your logic though, contrary to all reputable sources, I should have actually inflated my tires to 71.5 PSI, some 6.5 pounds MORE than the maximum recommended cold PSI of 65? I wonder just what the AP in the tires would have been at the time of the blow out had I followed this logic, never mind the fact that it was over 100 out side and the road was prob close to 150. I would be willing to bet that I would not have been as lucky as I was had I followed your "recommendations"

I think we have yet another PERFECT example of information being given out by Snoman that is extremely dangerous and in this case could cost someone their life. Thanks f*ck nuts.

Reply to
azwiley1

No, your not answering the question I asked if a tire manufactrer said

32psi, cold, mt. You added 10% to it for a total of 35+1/2 pounds. Now we drive this puppy and the psi climbs to 40+psi. Does that increase of over 8 psi have a detremental effect on the tire and suspension?

Hopefully that is clear.

Reply to
Roy

You're overwhelmed, Skippy. Bad troll attempt here, wait for another time.

Reply to
Beryl

Well, well, the crotch cannibal. What did the Idiot cross his legs and disturb you?

You do know all about trolling don't ya.

Looks like it's time to play proctologist.

Reply to
Roy

punkinhead:

more for extened high speed driving

Duh. You dipshit, it's a law of physics.

Are you confusing the tire maker's max pressure limit, printed on the tire sidewall, with the vehicle maker's recommended pressure for normal driving? Yes, obviously.

Increase pressure over the vehicle maker's normal recommendation, idiot. Not the max limit set by the tire manufacturer.

Reply to
Beryl

Year and a half ago. Wiped out the right side of my bed. John

Reply to
Midlant

sheryl, you are back. finished getting your nails done?

Reply to
theguy

As mud!

Reply to
azwiley1

Well then, it is obviously your fault. Driving with that severe under inflation just to get that marshmallow ride. You should be embarrassed for this one. :-)

Reply to
TBone

10% or more for extened high speed driving

While true, they do not do this just to avoid exceeding max cold pressure as I'm sure that you know so what exactly does this have to do with the thread in general. .

That is NOT what he said.

A blowout is a blowout so what real difference would 6.5 lbs have made?

If you and Roy for that matter actually bothered to read what he said, you would have seen just as I did that he did say not to exceed maximum rated cold pressure. His actual statement was: " It has long been a normal rule to increase cold tire pressure by about 10% or more for extened high speed driving (up to cold pressure limits of tire) " And he was the one to put the limitation in parentheses so he didn't say to crank up the pressure to dangerous limits. If you are going to attack the guy, at least wait until he gets it wrong or the only one looking like a fool is the one making the attack.

Reply to
TBone

What is not clear is your question. Go back and read his initial post. He did clearly say to increase by 10% but NOT to go above the rated max cold pressure. Your question is meaningless as he never said to exceed the tires rated cold pressure.

Reply to
TBone

No foolish at 32 pounds increasing it mt to where he wants to go is crazy. If your truck or car is mt do you run it up to the max?

Reply to
Roy

Yup, it is all my fault! What the hell was I thinking!!

I have to ask, Snoman, since you are the expert about all this, what exactly should I inflate the tires on my motorcycle too. Here is the details you should need. 500 pound bike, two wheels, daily rider, in ambient air temps ranging from 50 to 115 depending on the time of year, road temps as high as 150+ (I am guessing here).

Reply to
azwiley1

Damn, isn't it obvious, 250 LBS in each tire! ;-0

Reply to
TBone

Ok, my days of claiming to know everything are long over. What in the hell does "mt" mean?

Reply to
TBone