OT....patching concrete

I did, wouldn't work.

Reply to
Roy

Didn't work for me either, but from the looks of things, Mac makes the kid do the work, the slave driver.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

That's only the wood part..

Is the main page... move mouse pointer over the pictures there..

link on the left for trebs..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

hey Budd... I think in Roy's neck of the woods they use them to throw old Chevys into cranberry bogs..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Thank you, T... at least one person here isn't a tecnopeasant.. *lol*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

It appears that you link back to your main page doesn't work for them. I have no trouble with it. Nice work on those turning BTW.

Reply to
TBone

It does now.. Rachel pointed out the error of my ways...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I wish... he moved back in a couple of months ago and hasn't done shit.. takes him 3 steps to haul ass and then only if it's on fire.. Great argument for birth control..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Hey bro.. when a line that good is laying there, it's gotta be some kind of sin to not grab it.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

damn! I thought I was the old fart here!

well, at least when someone asks what you do for the railroad, you can say that you "kind of run things"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

gotta tell you, i am still working on my french, but communicate ok, but up in the gatineaus (quebec) many of the locals speak no english and their accents are REALLY thick, not like ottawa/hull. believe me, when they speak, THEY don't sound like sissys!

one of my neighbours, built like an ox, was asking me for a "time"-- he pointed at an envelope and i thought he wanted the date, and no, a full minute of laughing and sign language later i discovered he meant a stamp [timbre] ("tambrhhh") -- yes, you have to drive 7 miles for one of those. I joked with him i could learn algonquin like that!

rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

it could be Mac just fixed it -- i told him yesterday the "Back to Mac" link was dead and to change the file extension from htm to html TBone, try refreshing your page

(usually if your browser won't update you press the control key and refresh again and that works) could be your browser is set not to refresh pages and "cache" 's pages you have already visited rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Why in the heck would they want to contaminate the bogs????

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

I met a couple them that could speak only a little broken English down here in Moab, Utah a few years back during a Jeep Safari. I was working at the local hospital and one was complaining of "mal au tete" and the nurse thought he wanted to feel something . . . .even with the blood running down the poor guy's temple area. I guess that one year of French I took back in high school saved him a broken nose also.

From what I remember of it (it was shortly after Noah docked the Ark, ya know) French was not that easy to learn for me . . .of course, having a teacher that was from the Southern US and was taught French by a German didn't help much. Once we all got a laugh when she told us a joke, " How do they speak in southern France? Bon Jour, y'all."

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Well, if he's of legal age, you can charge room and board, just like anyone else. One of my sons quit a job and started acting like we owed him and I looked him in the eye and told him either/or. . . either get a job or I get an eviction paper for him.

He got a job.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

'Bout time someone did . . . . . . VBG

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

It is working for me now bro. Those are old pic's though. Get the new ones up!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

You and Budd!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

good question....

then again, why would they want to live on the right coast, anyway??