OT Poll!!!! Who wins???

Where about in Baja? My folks are in Baja Mar if you know where that is. Also have a sister who has a beach home in La Mision.

Reply to
miles

But Miles, that goes against what you just said. When we were talking about breaking up families you said that was not an issue as anyone can go to Mexico. The problem now seems that children of those immigrants born here are American citizens and sending them to Mexico would also be a form of illegal immigration.

Reply to
TBone

Not so. If they were born to Mexican citizen parents then they are also Mexican citizens.

I also feel the constitution should be amended such that in order to be an American citizen at least one parent must be a legal US citizen.

Reply to
miles

And why do you think that it is so cheep. Here's a guess. Perhaps because even at that low rate, most of the citizens of that country can't afford it. You really need to take a ride into the country and see what it is like all over, not just in your little American retirement area. And I'm not talking about just the big cities either.

I'm sure that they are as they are primarily dealing with the rich Americans that have moved down there and yes Mac, compared to the income of many Mexicans, you are one of the rich ones.

Again, I'm sure that they do as the the number of people being treated to the number of doctors treating them is MUCH lower and these doctors are trying to build business.

You might think that but even here in the US, that is not always true. If the demand goes up, the quality of care almost always goes down as the staff is simply not able to give as much attention to the individuals and there the demand in many areas is low because many there just can't afford it, much like here with the higher levels of care.

Reply to
TBone

I'm sure that he does as the cost of living there is nothing compared to here which pushes him to a much higher standard of living.

Reply to
TBone

IT seems so until you open your eyes and look at the big picture.

Reply to
TBone

Yes TBone, you really do need to do that. I have. Mexico is NOT the poor trashy run down country so many Americans believe it to be. Spend many years traveling all over Mexico, meeting the locals etc. Then get back to us.

Reply to
miles

That is true. Whats your point? Money goes a lot further in Mexico for both Americans and Mexicans and anyone else.

Reply to
miles

lol, yep. He agreed with me that you have no clue as to what Mexico is like!! Your narrow view is not the big picture!

Reply to
miles

----- Original Message ----- From: "miles" Newsgroups: alt.autos.dodge.trucks Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 8:56 AM Subject: Re: OT Poll!!!! Who wins???

I agree with you completely here but you have still not addressed the issue of what to do with the ones already here. Greedy business owners are still going to hire them, even in Arizona and their life here is still going to be better than where they came from so most are not just going to leave.

Sorry Miles, but with your bias you wouldn't have a clue.

You keep thinking that if it makes you feel better. Thompson simply was the farthest to the right out of all of them which is of course why you felt he had the best policies but most of America doesn't agree with you. While I agree that his campaign was far from the best, he was still in the national debates and people knew what he was about. Edwards was the farthest to the left and also didn't have a great campaign which is why he is also out of the picture. People are tired of extremist like yourself and McCain is far from that.

Again, with your greed and extreme right wing bias I can see why you would think that but most of your party would not agree with you and out of the group, he really does have the best chance of winning. the only one that could possibly beat him is Hillary but the Dems will probably screw that up as well and nominate Obama.

Sorry Miles, but the numbers of people comming here every day from there betray you. Many of them are hard working people (the reason so many American businesses hire them) and that as well betray's your bullshit. Unless most Mexicans are stupid idiots that their society rejects, this is just more of your biased single minded thinking. I'm sure that there are many nice areas in Mexico buit there are many not so nice ones (dirt poor) as well and the majority do not live in the best ones.

LOL, it seems that you either have family in every part of the world or you are just full of shit and I'm beginning to believe much more the latter. But even if that were true, I'm sure that they went over there with what would be a considerable amount of money over there and either opened up their own businesses or are working for an American company in higher positions where their salaries are well above the average for the typical Mexican. Either way Miles, it's all relative. What is considered big money over there probably couldn't get you a single room flat in many areas here in the US so it makes sense for them to come here, live in what we would and do consider poverty but to them is still much better than where they came from, save what would be considered a fortune over there and a small nest egg here, and then go back when they retire and live the good life on what would probably only last a few years here.

TBone

I agree or at least be in the process of becoming one.

Reply to
TBone

Yes I did. Take away the reasons they are here and they will leave. If they can't work, can't get free hand outs etc. then they will leave.

Wrong. Scores of them have already left. Some small business owners have complained but most are not. The larger businesses are not joining in the legal appeals process. If it was such a big deal to these greedy companies then they would be funding the lawyers and they are not.

So Edwards is out because of his far left policies that most of America doesn't agree with? I agree thats one reason. But like Thompson he wasn't front and center with his campaign. Both were not covered as much in the media. They traveled to far fewer cities campaigning as Clinton, OBama and McCain.

People don't want extremists such as yourself as well. McCain doesn't know who he wants to be. He has flipped flopped all over if you compare his views over the last 7 years to his decades of voting records in the senate.

Ya know TBone, you keep ranting about my bias and ignore your own far left radical bias. Ya, I know, you're a progressive liberal moderate conservative. If I'm so greedy and love greedy corporations then why am I so strongly against importing cheap illegal labor?

I agree because McCain's been touting a rather moderate campaign. But look at his senate record and you'll see he's very different that what you hear on his campaign.

I don't like Obama at all but he's better than another Clinton.

Oh ya? Then why are our countries prisons FILLED with illegals convicted of hard core crimes? They're not there because of immigration issues. Look TBone, you have not toured Mexico for years at a time. You do not have Mexican relatives. You are clueless as to whats down south of the border. Until you go there your arguments are worthless. There is money and jobs in Mexico. Far more than you realize.

The majority do not live in the dirt poor areas either. Not even close. It's similar to here although there are fewer very very rich Mexicans.

Not every part but I do have family in Mexico. As a teen I spent my entire summers there. My sister in law is Mexican and her family lives there. My folks are retired in Mexico. My sister owns a house there and my brother is building one. Deal with it. Is this your argument for your own lack of knowledge about Mexico?

My sister in law and her family are born and raised in Mexico so your theory is false.

You don't know much about Mexico!! Americans can't get jobs in Mexico let alone own their own business there. There are some major hoops one can jump through but it isn't easy to do.

Sigh. TBone, why do you keep trying to argue about a country that you simply do not know anything about?

Wrong. Things aren't that much cheaper in Mexico. Homes and land are although Americans can't own land in many areas of Mexico. If people are so poor in Mexico then staple goods such as food, clothing etc would be far cheaper than here. They are not and the stores are doing just fine with their sales.

, live in what we would and

Wrong. Most in Mexico do not live in poverty by our standards nor theirs. There you go again clueless about Mexico. Most in Mexico have nice comfortable homes, cars, trucks and some great food on their table!

Reply to
miles

Very good point.

Sooo true.

Reply to
Roy

Baja Mar as in town or development?

We're at El Dorado Ranch, near San Felipe... about 120 miles south of Calexico/Yuma... There is a big development called Baja Mar, also a hotel and steak house called that.. The whole(2) state(s) are called Baja (below?) and has Mar (beach/sea) on

2 sides..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Because it's a bird? or is that "chirp"?

One of the many reasons that it's less expensive is that we don't have any of those bull shit law suits here with millions of dollars in "punitive" damages.. You know (of course) that most of the cost of medical treatment in the States in for malpractice insurance..

The doctors here are assisted with med school and have to spend time in rural areas to "pay back' the cost of their education... Not having huge student loans to repay, they can charge a lot less than US medical professionals..

No Shit..

can't afford it.

Well, I see that you know more about this than I do, T.. as usual.. Your head must hurt from having so much information in it..

This is insurance for gringos.. the Nationals don't NEED it because they get public health care.. I'd guess that I've been a lot further into the "country" than you have and met more Mexicans than the ones that mow your lawn.. I'd guess that even if we stayed inside our "little retirement community" we'd see a lot more of Mexico than you do on the history channel.. If you bother to re-read the question, it was about healthcare for travelers, not conditions of the country or anything else that you have half assed knowledge of..

I'm glad you filled me in on that.. being an expert and all.. thanks.. it's always amusing to hear what the world looks like from your viewpoint, though it would smell better if your head wasn't so far up your ass..

And you know that from experience? What color IS the sky in your world, T? My doctor has "trying to build a business" in San Felipe for 30 years.. but I guess you already knew that, too..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I agreed with everything but the last line... Does he REALLY have to get back to us?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Ahh... that answered my earlier question, Miles.. We're on the other side of Baja, on the Sea of Cortez/Gulf of California, about

130 miles or so east of Ensenada, which is on the Pacific Ocean....

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Right.. climate, location and getting away from gringos had nothing to do with it.. Might be even lower cost of living in Siberia..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Baja Mar is a large development, gated community and golf course about

10 miles north of Ensenada.

I've been to San Felipe several years ago. We stayed at an RV park I think named El Dorado about 8 miles or so north of San Felipe. I loved the area, deserted beaches were fantastic and the people in town very nice. The RV park was awful with a bit of a walk to the beach and bad sewer smell.

Reply to
miles

lol, ya, didn't think of that!

Reply to