panic button on keychain remote

Is there a way to disable the panic alarm thing? I thought I once read a procedure for it, and I thought it was in the manual, but nothing's there on the subject.

2001 dodge ram
Reply to
bill allemann

I never tried it but someone mentioned (here I think) that you can pop the fob open and put a piece of clear tape between the panic button's contacts.

Reply to
Nosey

I just tried it on mine and it works. Dang good idea. I have hated mine because I keep my mine clipped on my belt loop and it is allways going off when I sit down. I used electrical tape cut to about 1/4" squuare and it took about 5min including testing.

John

Reply to
shoot4ever

Reply to